Super 8 Film - BUNDLE - Film / Develop / Scan (1 Roll)
SUPER 8 FILM - BUNDLE - FILM / DEVELOP / SCAN (1 ROLL)
Bundle includes one roll of film that includes developing / scanning services. Please use the drop down to choose film type.
Follow the steps below and read all the info on this page before ordering. Please read our TERMS listed at the bottom of the page before placing your order.
Price and shipping applies to US customers only. If you are outside the US, additional shipping will apply and you will be contacted after placing your order.
Order only ONE BUNDLE (of any type) per order number. If you would like to purchase more than one, place your order for one - complete check out, pay and then revisit the site and place another order. More than one Bundle order per order will result in cancellation of your entire order.
Develop / Scan turn around is approximately 4-6 weeks from the time we check in your film.
- Order only 1 Bundle per order number. Place your order through this product page. If you pick a quantity greater than one, your order will be cancelled. (If you want more than one bundle, simply place your order, pay and then return to this order page and order again.)
- A FPP Film Order Form will arrive in your package with your film. When done shooting your roll, fill it out completely and include it in the package with your film. Our address is listed on the form.
- We will email you upon check-in of your film, typically within a few business days of arrival but on occasion this may take longer.
- We will email you upon completion of services. Please note that while film scanning color grading is performed at our headquarters, we use partner labs for processing and their turnaround may impact our schedule.
- HD resolution orders - your HD Mp4 file(s) will be emailed via a WeTransfer link for downloading. If you choose 2k or 4k resolution upgrade, include a 128gb or larger thumb drive (or purchase one here). We do not upload 2k or 4 k files.
- We return your developed film (and your USB drive if choosing 2k or 4k resolution).
This film is for Super 8 cameras - This film will NOT fit Double 8, Double Super 8, Single 8, 8mm Magazine film cameras or 16mm cameras. If you are not sure, e-mail us (Michael@FilmPhotographyProject.com - with a pic of your camera film compartment & model number) BEFORE making purchase as we DO NOT accept returns on movie film.
Please use the drop-down to choose type of film. We offer:
- Super 8 50D Color Negative - The best choice and perfect iso for daylight shooting producing rich colors.
- Super 8 200T Color Negative - The perfect all-around, everyday film. Good in both daylight and interiors (inside, turn on ALL LIGHTS or use a light panel).
- Super 8 500T Color Negative - The best choice for low light situations. Always turn on ALL available lights when shooting indoors. Not recommended in broad daylight shooting.
- Super 8 Ektachrome Color Reversal 100D - Kodak's famous Ektachrome film produces vibrant colors. Perfect in daylight and outdoor shooting! (inside shooting - turn on ALL LIGHTS or use a light panel).
- Super 8 Tri-X BW Reversal - Kodak's BW Super 8 movie film!Perfect in daylight! (inside shooting - turn on ALL LIGHTS or use a light panel).
What is the difference between Negative Film and Reversal Film?
- Negative film is a film that after development produces a negative for scanning to a digital file. Negative film can not be projected.
- Reversal Film is a film that produces a positive image after development. Reversal film can be scanned and also projected in a vintage film projector.
What you get (and how our Bundles work):
- Film- Once ordered we will ship you your film along with our FILM FORM SHEET (to fill out and return for Develop/Scan Services). Please DO NOT lose this sheet. Shipping includes film and developed film/scans to you. Price does not include your shipping of exposed film back to us for develop/scan.
- Film Developing- After you shoot your roll, ship the film back to FPP along with your 128gb USB thumb drive and your filled-out FILM FORM (our address is on this form). We can not develop/scan without your FILM FORM returned along with your film. If you do not have a USB thumb drive, you can purchase one separately HERE.
- Film scan- We scan your film HD 1920x1080 Full Frame. By scanning full frame, you will be able to see all of the image on your film including the film sprockets. (If you would like your scan matted a different way, please indicate your preferance on your FILM FORM.)
- What is the Scan Resolution- This Bundle includes HD 1920x1080 resolution files. You will receive an Apple Pro Res .mov as well as a smaller .mp4 HD file of your film. If you would like 2k or 4k Resolution, please order a Resolution Upgrade HERE.
- Turnaround Time- You will receive an email from us when we receive your film back for developing/scanning. Turnaround is 4-6 weeks from the time we check in your film and email you. We work as quickly as possible but it is possible that film can take longer. Please be patient with us and the delivery services delivering your film back and forth.
First time shooting Super 8? See Michael Raso's Super 8 tips in the video below. Still have questions after seeing video. Email Michael Raso - Michael@FilmPhotographyProject.com
Does this film come with a warranty or guarantee?
No. Due to the age of your film camera it is not uncommon for film to expose incorrectly, break or jam. Therefore, we cannot offer any guarantees, warranty, or money back if film breaks or fails during filming.
Note: Develop/Scan offer is good for 12 months after date of purchase. We will not honor develop/scan film after that 12 month period.
Terms – With the rare exception of a film product recall, user issues with film are a by-product of the deterioration of parts in the vintage cameras used to shoot the film. Even functioning and previously tested vintage cameras may experience motor film transport issues, film breakage, light leaks, over-and-under-exposure, and emulsion scratches. We feel it is important to bring your attention to these risks as we do not accept returns, offer replacement film or refunds on Super 8 movie film.
The Fine Print - Orders will take 4-6 weeks (or possible longer) from the time we receive your film. When you submit your film assets to Film Photography Project (FPP) for scanning or handling of any kind you agree to the fullest extent of the law to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless FPP, its officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors, and suppliers from and against all claims, losses, liabilities and damages of any kind, including, without limitation, attorneys’ fees, arising from or relating in any way to your use of our services, or any violation of these Terms, any law, or any rights of any third party, including when the active or passive negligence of FPP is alleged or proven.
Shooter / Camera Error – it’s a fact that user error and / or malfunctioning vintage cameras can result in under, overexposed, blank film, ripped film, jiggly lines due to a bad film gate/improper loading/malfunctioning camera. In the event we are unable to retrieve an image or correct an issue after scanning, we will provide you with feedback at the time we deliver your file. We do not offer refunds or partial refunds. We do not accept returns or replace movie film.
The Lab - We would like you to be aware that we partner with one or more reputable outside labs for the processing portion of your package. For this portion of services, we only offer replacement of raw materials in case of transit loss or lab damage. If you are working on an important project, we recommend Production Insurance.
Shipping - Your roll(s) of film are shipped via the service you choose (First Class, Priority Mail, UPS etc). Note that all scans and developed film is shipped First Class Mail. We do not offer replacement film if USPS or UPS lose or misplace film.
Customers outside the USA who wish to take advantage of our developing and scanning services may be asked to pay additional shipping expenses.
Sh*t Happens - Your media is very important to you, and we take every precaution to ensure the safety of your film while they are at our facility. However, sometimes the unpredictable happens during shipping to and from our facility, or while a service is being provided. Our commitment to you, is that if any item is lost or damaged by us while at our facility, we will replace it with an item of equivalent amount. To ensure you are protected above and beyond our replacement of the raw materials, we strongly suggest you acquire insurance. To ensure you are protected during the shipping of the items, please insure your packages. We can not replace the value of items that are lost in transit. See our Store Policy regarding other issues.
Your movie film is important to us. Contact our in-house Cine film expert Michael Raso if you have any questions - Michael@FilmPhotographyProject.com