Double 8 Film - BUNDLE - Film / Develop / Scan (25 FT)
DOUBLE 8 FILM - BUNDLE - FILM / DEVELOP / SCAN (25 FT)
Bundle includes one roll of film that includes developing / scanning services. Please use the drop down to choose film type.
(film is only for double 8 cameras that accept 25 ft rolls)
Follow the steps below and read all the info and terms on this page before ordering.
Price and shipping applies to US customers only. If you are outside the US, additional shipping will apply and you will be contacted after placing your order.
Order only ONE BUNDLE (of any type) per order number. If you would like to purchase more than one, place your order for one - complete check out, pay and then revisit the site and place another order. More than one Bundle order per order will result in cancellation of your entire order.
Develop / Scan turn around is approximately 4-6 weeks from the time we check in your film.
- Order only 1 Bundle per order number. Place your order through this product page. If you pick a quantity greater than one, your order will be cancelled. (If you want more than one bundle, simply place your order, pay and then return to this order page and order again.)
- A FPP Film Order Form will arrive in your package with your film. When done shooting your roll, fill it out completely and include it in the package with your film. Our address is listed on the form
- We will email you upon check-in of your film, typically within a few business days of arrival but on occasion this may take longer.
- We will email you upon completion of services. Please note that while film scanning color grading is performed at our headquarters, we use partner labs for processing and their turnaround may impact our schedule.
- HD resolution orders - your HD Mp4 file(s) will be emailed via a WeTransfer link for downloading. If you choose 2k or 4k resolution upgrade, include a 128gb or larger thumb drive (or purchase one here). We do not upload 2k or 4 k files.
- We return your developed film (and your USB drive if choosing 2k or 4k resolution).
This film is for Double 8 cameras that accept 25 foot rolls - This film will NOT fit Super 8, Single 8, 8mm Magazine film cameras or 16mm cameras. If you are not sure, e-mail us (Michael@FilmPhotographyProject.com - with a pic of your camera film compartment & model number) BEFORE making purchase as we DO NOT accept returns on movie film.
Please use the drop-down to choose type of film. We offer:
- Cine8 Color Negative 40 iso - The best choice and perfect iso for daylight shooting producing rich colors. See video HERE.
- Cine8 Color Reversal (Kodak Ektachrome) 100 iso - Kodak's famous Ektachrome film produces vibrant colors. Please use your light meter when shooting in broad daylight. See video HERE.
- Cine8 BW Reversal 40 iso - The perfect iso for shooting in broad daylight.
- Cine8 BW Reversal 100 - Recommended for folks looking for a positive film with a tad more speed. Please use your light meter.
- Cine8 SEPIA 10 BW Negative- The perfect film for your vintage camera! See video HERE.
- Cine8 BW Negative 100 iso - Our everyday use BW negative film. Can be shot at 40 iso if you have an automatic camera that only dials to asa (iso) 40.
- Cine8 BW Kodak Double-X 200 iso - Kodak's famous Double-X movie film. Please use a light meter to shoot iso 200 film. See video HERE.
- Cine8 BW Negative High Speed 400 iso - For folks shooting in lower light situations. Please use a light meter. Not for broad daylight. High speed = increased grain. See video HERE.
What is the difference between Negative Film and Reversal Film?
- Negative filmis a film that after development produces a negative for scanning to a digital file. Negative film can not be projected and is returned to you (unslit) on a film core.
- Reversal Filmis a film that produces a positive image after development. The film is slit and returned to you on a 50 ft reel. Reversal film can be scanned and also projected in a vintage film projector.
What you get (and how our Bundles work):
- Film- One roll Double 8 film (25 feet - is 50 feet of developed film after shooting both sides of the roll). Once ordered we will ship you your film along with our FILM FORM SHEET (to fill out and return for Develop/Scan Services). Please DO NOT lose this sheet. Shipping includes film and developed film/scans to you. Price does not include a USB Thumb Drive (for your scans) or the shipping of your exposed film back to us for develop/scan.
- Film Developing- After you shoot your roll, ship the film back to FPP along with your 128gb USB thumb drive and your filled-out FILM FORM (our address is on this form). We can not develop/scan without your FILM FORM returned along with your film. If you do not have a USB thumb drive, you can purchase one separately HERE.
- Film scan- We scan your film HD 1920x1080 Full Frame. By scanning full frame, you will be able to see all of the image on your film including the film sprockets. (If you would like your scan matted a different way, please indicate your preference on your FILM FORM.)
- What is the Scan Resolution- This Bundle includes HD 1920x1080 resolution files. You will receive an Apple Pro Res .mov as well as a smaller .mp4 HD file of your film. If you would like 2k or 4k Resolution, please order a Resolution Upgrade HERE.
- Turnaround Time- You will receive an email from us when we check in your film back for developing/scanning. Standard turnaround is 4-6 weeks from the time we email you. Please be patient with us and the delivery services delivering your film back and forth.
Please remember to shoot BOTH sides of your Double 8 film. In the video below, Michael Raso explains what Double 8 film is and demonstrates how to load (using the Keystone K8 camera). Still have questions after seeing video. Email Michael Raso - Michael@FilmPhotographyProject.com
Does this film come with a warranty or guarantee?
No. Due to the age of your film camera it is not uncommon for film to expose incorrectly, break or jam. Therefore, we cannot offer any guarantees, warranty, or money back if film breaks or fails during filming.
Note: Develop/Scan offer is good for 12 months after date of purchase. We will not honor develop/scan film after that 12 month period.
Terms – With the rare exception of a film product recall, user issues with film are a by-product of the deterioration of parts in the vintage cameras used to shoot the film. Even functioning and previously tested vintage cameras may experience motor film transport issues, film breakage, light leaks, over-and-under-exposure, and emulsion scratches. We feel it is important to bring your attention to these risks as we do not accept returns, offer replacement film or refunds on movie film.
The Fine Print - When you submit your film assets to Film Photography Project (FPP) for scanning or handling of any kind you agree to the fullest extent of the law to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless FPP, its officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors, and suppliers from and against all claims, losses, liabilities and damages of any kind, including, without limitation, attorneys’ fees, arising from or relating in any way to your use of our services, or any violation of these Terms, any law, or any rights of any third party, including when the active or passive negligence of FPP is alleged or proven.
Shooter Error – it’s a fact that user error and / or malfunctioning vintage cameras can result in under, overexposed, blank film, jiggly lines due to a bad film gate/improper loading/malfunctioning camera. In the event we are unable to retrieve an image or correct an issue after scanning, we will provide you with feedback at the time we deliver your file.
The Lab - We would like you to be aware that we partner with one or more reputable outside labs for the processing portion of your package. For this portion of services, we only offer replacement of raw materials in case of transit loss or lab damage. If you are working on an important project, we recommend Production Insurance.
Shipping - Your roll(s) of film are shipped via the service you choose (First Class, Priority Mail, UPS etc). Note that all scans and developed film is shipped First Class Mail. We do not offer replacement film if USPS or UPS lose or misplace film.
Sh*t Happens - Your media is very important to you, and we take every precaution to ensure the safety of your film while they are at our facility. However, sometimes the unpredictable happens during shipping to and from our facility, or while a service is being provided. Our commitment to you, is that if any item is lost or damaged by us while at our facility, we will replace it with an item of equivalent amount. To ensure you are protected above and beyond our replacement of the raw materials, we strongly suggest you acquire insurance. To ensure you are protected during the shipping of the items, please insure your packages. We can not replace the value of items that are lost in transit. See our Store Policy regarding other issues.
Your movie film is important to us. Contact our in-house Cine film expert Michael Raso if you have any questions - Michael@FilmPhotographyProject.com