Develop / Scan Service - Vintage Defunct 8mm Kodachrome - Ektachrome 160 Formats
FPP film developing / scan services for vintage, expired 8mm or Super 8 film. Film is processed, scanned, color-corrected and saved as a file to a USB thumb drive. Service performed for "defunct film" may not yield an image due to age. Services are not refundable.
We are currency at capacity on this type of film developing which is why the service is listed as "out of stock". When we're up to date on current orders, we will make the service available again.
- Place your order through this product page. Be sure to select the number (quantity) of rolls you will send and the resolution of your scans
- Download, read completely and fill out your FPP FILM FORM (CLICK HERE) – print and send the completed form in with your film (our address is on this form)
- Number your rolls (if more than 1)
- Include your THUMB DRIVE. If you do not have one, purchase one here.
Turnaround time is approximately 6-8 weeks for "special process film" from the time we receive your film.
- Vintage Super 8 Kodak Ektachrome 160 Type A*
- Vintage Super 8 Kodak Ektachrome 160 Type G*
- Vintage Super 8 Kodak Ektachrome Tungsten 7240*
- Vintage Super 8 Kodak Kodachrome (process as BW)**
- Vintage Technicolor Super 8 (process as BW)**
- Vintage AnscoChrome Super 8 (process as BW)**
- Regular 8mm (Double 8) Kodak Koadchrome (process as BW)**
* Note that due to its age, Ektachrome color may be greatly shifted or there may be no image at all. Services are non-refundable and we can not guarantee success. See our video for Ektachrome 160 examples.
**Kodachrome can only be developed as BW negative. Results are not guaranteed and not refundable due to the laborious process developing Kodachrome as BW negative. Please read our BLOG on old Kodachrome (includes a video which you can see modern results from develop/scanning).
BW / color negative films are returned unslit on for storage (since negative films are not for projection).
The Fine Print - When you submit your film assets to Film Photography Project (FPP) for scanning or handling of any kind you agree to the fullest extent of the law to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless FPP, its officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors, and suppliers from and against all claims, losses, liabilities and damages of any kind, including, without limitation, attorneys’ fees, arising from or relating in any way to your use of our services, or any violation of these Terms, any law, or any rights of any third party, including when the active or passive negligence of FPP is alleged or proven.
Shooter Error - Fact is, we see lots of film that has issues due to user error and malfunctioning vintage cameras. Under exposure, over exposure, jiggly frame lines due to bad film gate, blank film are just some issues. In this case we will e-mail you if we see an issue. If you decide not to move forward with scanning, we will offer you FPP store credit for the unused scanning portion of your payment.
The Lab - We would like you to be aware that we partner with one or more reputable outside labs for the processing portion of your package. For this portion of services, we only offer replacement of raw materials in case of transit loss or lab damage. If you are working on an important project, we recommend Production Insurance.
Sh*t Happens - Your media is very important to you, and we take every precaution to ensure the safety of your film while they are at our facility. However, sometimes the unpredictable happens during shipping to and from our facility, or while a service is being provided. Our commitment to you, is that if any item is lost or damaged by us while at our facility, we will replace it with an item of equivalent amount. To ensure you are protected above and beyond our replacement of the raw materials, we strongly suggest you acquire insurance. To ensure you are protected during the shipping of the items, please insure your packages. We can not replace the value of items that are lost in transit.