Adapter - 616 to 120 Film Adapter
616 to 120 Film Adapter!
Load 120 film in your vintage Kodak 616 film camera!
Designed by CameraHack and imported from Italy!
Divertiti a scattare con la tua Kodak vintage!
- Four adapter pieces - Two for your 120 film and two for your take-up spool.
- One 120 take-up spool.
The 616 Adapter is the Film Adapter Kit that let you load normal medium format 120 film in cameras made for the 616 film spools. We include a 120 take-up spool so there is no re-spooling involved. Simply apply the adapters, shoot and process!
With 120 film in a 616 film camera you’ll get 6 panoramic-format photographs with a size of about 11x6cm (4¼ x 2½ inches).
This adapter features a stainless steel flange that perfectly reproduce the same hole that’s in the original 616 spool flange. They are laser-cut out of a 1mm thick stainless steel plate.
The plastic parts are printed with a very solid PLA organic polymer, which is even stronger than the 120 spool material itself! Note that your adapter color will vary from the one pictured.
Adapters are very sturdy - do not force them or use the wrong end. We import this product from Italy, so adapters are not refundable and we will not replace adapters that you break.
above: FPP guy Mike Raso with his vintage Kodak camera
FILM WINDING & FRAME NUMBERING
- Use the small red window in the back of the camera for frame numbering: take first picture at n.3.
- Take the pictures with the frame counter at: 3, 5½, 8, 10½, 13, 15½.
If the red window is not available, use the following instructions.
- With the camera open, start winding the film until you see the big vertical arrow, then close your camera.
- Turn the film advance knob 8 times (16 half turns) so that the film reaches the correct placing for the first photo.
- After the first photo is taken, advance the film by 2,5 knob’s turns (or 5 half turns), and do this for photo 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6.
- Then wind the film until the end: the empty spool becomes the take-up spool. Put the key adapter on it and go shoot again!
A little trial and error is to be expected.
FILM ADAPTER KIT 616 & COMPATIBLE CAMERAS
Load normal 120 film in ANY Kodak camera made for the 616 film:
KODAK Six-16 Camera (1932 – 1936)
JIFFY KODAK Six-16 Camera (1933 – 1937)
Six-16 BROWNIE Camera (1933 – 1941)
Six-16 BROWNIE Junior Camera (1934 – 1942)
KODAK Junior Six-16 Camera (1935 – 1937)
KODAK SENIOR Six-16 Camera (1937 – 1939)
KODAK Special Six-16 Camera (1937 – 1939)
KODAK Junior Six-16 Series II Camera (1937 – 1940)
JIFFY KODAK Six-16 Series II Camera (1937 – 1942)
KODAK Junior Six-16 Series III Camera (1938 – 1939)
Six-16 BROWNIE Special Camera (1938 – 1942)
KODAK VIGILANT Six-16 Camera (1939 – 1942)
KODAK MONITOR Six-16 Camera (1939 – 1948)
KODAK VIGILANT Junior Six-16 Camera (1940 – 1948)
Target BROWNIE Six-16 Camera (1941 – 1946)
BROWNIE Target Six-16 Camera (1946 – 1951)
In general, all cameras (not only Kodak) made for the 616 film format will work with 120 film + FAK616!
If your camera has not been used for a long time, check that there is no rust, or dry grease, or dust, or dirt… The feed mechanism in cameras that were left unused for a long time could be very tight and cause a strong tension on the spools during the film advancement. Make sure that the mechanisms are properly lubricated before putting the camera back to work!