Double 8 Film - Magazine 8 BUNDLE - Film / Develop / Scan
Double 8 Magazine Film / Develop / Scan Bundle
For Double 8 cameras that accept Kodak Magazines only
This film is for Double 8 (8mm) cameras that accept Magazine film only. This cartridge will NOT fit Super 8, Single 8, Bell & Howell cartridge, 16mm or other cameras that need a proprietary cartridge. If you are not sure, e-mail us - Michael@FilmPhotographyProject.com – a pic of your camera film compartment & model number before making purchase as we do not accept returns on movie film.
Follow the steps below and read all the info on this page before ordering. This offer applies to US customers only, please refer to the bottom of the page for customers outside the US.
Please use the drop-down to choose type of film. We offer:
- BW Reversal 40 iso
- Color Negative 40 iso (Daylight Balanced)
- Color Reversal 100D (Daylight Balanced) Note that 100 iso film is a bit "fast" for daylight shooting. Please consider placing a ND (neutral density) filter over your lens if shooting in broad sun.
Develop / Scan turn around is approximately 4-6 weeks from the time we check in your film.
- Order only 1 bundle per order number. Place your order through this product page. If you pick a quantity greater than one, your order will be cancelled. If you want more than one bundle, simply place your order, pay and return to this order page and order again.
- An FPP Film Order Form will arrive in your package with your film. Once you’ve shot your film, please fill it out completely and include it in the package with your film and a USB thumb drive (32gb or larger) when returning it for Develop / Scan services. If you need a USB drive, you can order one here.
- We will email you upon check-in of your film, typically within a few business days of arrival but on occasion this may take longer.
- We will email you upon completion of services. Please note that while film scanning is performed at our headquarters, we use partner labs for processing and their turnaround may impact our schedule.
- We return your developed film along with your scan on your USB thumb drive.
Film Scanning and Resolution - We scan your film HD 16x9 Full Frame. By scanning full frame, you will be able to see all of the image on your film including the film sprockets. If you would like your film cropped differently, let us know on your Film Form. You will receive two files - one ProRes .mov and one smaller .mp4. If you want 2k or 4k resolution, order a Resolution Upgrade HERE.
Difference between NEGATIVE and REVERSAL FILM:
- Negative film is returned to you un-slit (on a core) for safe storage along with your scan. Negative film can not be projected.
- Reversal film is for projection or scanning. It is developed, slit and scanned - returned to you on a 50 ft 8mm reel.
Does the reload come with a warranty or guarantee? No. Due to the age of the magazines it is not uncommon for magazines to break or jam. Therefore, we cannot offer any guarantees, warranty, or money back if a magazine breaks or fails during filming.
Note: Develop/Scan offer is good for 12 months after date of purchase. We will not honor develop/scan film after that 12-month period.
Customers Outside the US:
This bundle is for US customers only (due to postage rates). If you are outside the US, contact Michael Raso about additional postage details - Michael@FilmPhotographyProject.com
THE FINE PRINT
Orders will take 4-6 weeks from the time we check in your film. When you submit your film assets to Film Photography Project (FPP) for scanning or handling of any kind you agree to the fullest extent of the law to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless FPP, its officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors, and suppliers from and against all claims, losses, liabilities and damages of any kind, including, without limitation, attorneys’ fees, arising from or relating in any way to your use of our services, or any violation of these Terms, any law, or any rights of any third party, including when the active or passive negligence of FPP is alleged or proven.
Shooter Error – it’s a fact that user error and / or malfunctioning vintage cameras can result in under, overexposed, blank film, jiggly lines due to a bad film gate/improper loading/malfunctioning camera. In the event we are unable to retrieve an image or correct an issue after scanning, we will provide you with feedback at the time we deliver your file. We do not offer refunds under any circumstance.
The Lab - We would like you to be aware that we partner with one or more reputable outside labs for the processing portion of your package. For this portion of services, we only offer replacement of raw materials in case of transit loss or lab damage. If you are working on an important project, we recommend Production Insurance.
Shipping - Your roll(s) of film are shipped via the service you choose (First Class, Priority Mail, etc). Note that all scans and developed film is shipped First Class Mail.
Sh*t Happens - Your media is very important to you, and we take every precaution to ensure the safety of your film while they are at our facility. However, sometimes the unpredictable happens during shipping to and from our facility, or while a service is being provided. Our commitment to you, is that if any item is lost or damaged by us while at our facility, we will replace it with an item of equivalent amount. To ensure you are protected above and beyond our replacement of the raw materials, we strongly suggest you acquire insurance. To ensure you are protected during the shipping of the items, please insure your packages. We can not replace the value of items that are lost in transit.
Your movie film is important to us. Contact our in-house Cine film expert Michael Raso if you have any questions - Michael@FilmPhotographyProject.com
We Also Recommend
Darkroom Supplies - FPP C-41 / ECN-2 Super Color Negative Development Kit (1 Liter - Powder)