Develop / Scan Service - 16mm - Super 16 - Ultra 16 (100 ft rolls)
DEVELOP / SCAN SERVICE - 16MM - SUPER 16 - ULTRA 16 (100 FT ROLLS)
Follow the steps below and read all the info on this page before ordering.
Note: If you need additional items (i.e. film or other FPP products), please order them separately. Otherwise, other items ordered will ship when your Develop/Scan is complete).
Turn around is approximately 4-6 weeks from the time we check in your film. Note that BW Negative film may take a bit longer.
- Place your order through this product page.
- Download (WeTransfer link), read and fill out your FPP FILM FORM (CLICK HERE)
- Send your FILM FORM with your order (address is on the Film Form)
- HD resolution orders - your HD Mp4 file(s) will be emailed via a WeTransfer link for downloading. If you choose 2k or 4k resolution, include a 128gb or larger thumb drive. We do not upload 2k or 4 k files.
- We will email you upon check-in of your film, typically within a few business days of arrival but on occasion this may take longer.
- We will email you upon completion of services. Please note that while film scanning color grading is performed at our headquarters, we use partner labs for processing and their turnaround may impact our schedule.
- We return your developed film (and your USB drive if choosing 2k or 4k resolution). For HD, a download link is sent via email.
We can scan standard 16mm, Super 16 or Ultra 16. 100 ft minimum per roll. By default we scan the entire frame including sprockets. If you'd like your film matted a certain way (i.e. pillar boxed or letter boxed), let us know on the FPP Film Form.
How is my film scanned? Your film is scanned on our LaserGraphics ScanStation / DaVinci Resolve Color Grading (Best Light)
What type of files will I receive? This bundle includes HD 1920x1080 mp4 resolution files. Other file type outputs upon request. If you have different specs or output preference include the info on your Film Form that you submit with your film.
We accept the following film types:
- Kodak Vision3 Color Negative Films
- Kodak EXR, Vision and Vison2 film
- Kodak Ektachrome 100D Color
- Kodak Plus-X BW
- Kodak Double-X
- Kodak Tri-X BW
- Kodak 7363 High Contrast
- Orwo BW Films
- FPP Cine 16 Double Perf Films
- FPP Sonic 16mm Films
Please allow the full 4-8 weeks to pass before contacting the Film Photography Project regarding your order.
The Fine Print - When you submit your film assets to Film Photography Project (FPP) for scanning or handling of any kind you agree to the fullest extent of the law to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless FPP, its officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors, and suppliers from and against all claims, losses, liabilities and damages of any kind, including, without limitation, attorneys’ fees, arising from or relating in any way to your use of our services, or any violation of these Terms, any law, or any rights of any third party, including when the active or passive negligence of FPP is alleged or proven.
Shooter Error – it’s a fact that user error and / or malfunctioning vintage cameras can result in under, overexposed, blank film, jiggly lines due to a bad film gate/improper loading/malfunctioning camera. In the event we are unable to retrieve an image or correct an issue after scanning, we will provide you with feedback at the time we deliver your file.
The Lab - We would like you to be aware that we partner with one or more reputable outside labs for the processing portion of your package. For this portion of services, we only offer replacement of raw materials in case of transit loss. If you are working on an important project, we recommend Production Insurance.
Sh*t Happens - Your media is very important to you, and we take every precaution to ensure the safety of your film while they are at our facility. However, sometimes the unpredictable happens during shipping to and from our facility, or while a service is being provided. Our commitment to you, is that if any item is lost or damaged by us while at our facility, we will replace it with an item of equivalent amount. To ensure you are protected above and beyond our replacement of the raw materials, we strongly suggest you acquire insurance. To ensure you are protected during the shipping of the items, please insure your packages. We can not replace the value of items that are lost in transit.
Your movie film is important to us! Contact Michael Raso if you have any questions - Michael@FilmPhotographyProject.com