35mm Film Camera - LomoKino Movie Maker
The Lomography LomoKino 35mm Movie Maker Camera
The old-timey movie camera that uses standard (36 exp) film cartridges! The perfect and unique gift for YOU or the film-lover in your life!
- LomoKino movie camera
- LomoKino Book
What is a LOMOKINO?
The LomoKino is a square, plastic camera that has a crank on the side of it to make movies the old-fashioned way - old-fashioned as in the days of Charlie Chaplin!! The camera takes a standard roll of 35mm film (36 exposures recommended) and has three apertures - f5.6, f8 and f11. The shutter is 1/100th of a second and the frame is 2-perf - 24mm x 8.5. When cranking, you expose about 3 frames per second.
With the LomoKino, you can shoot a movie of up to 144 frames on any 35 mm film. No sound, no special effects, no post production — just simple Lomography in motion. Hit the close-up button to shoot at just 0.6 m away from your subject, and fit a flash to the hot-shoe attachment to light up your cinematic scenes. Once you've wrapped up your shoot, you can admire your 144 frames as individual shots, or edit your LomoKino film into an animated movie! (see editing recommendations below!)
- It is highly recommended to use a tripod or mono-pod when shooting your LomoKino movie! The hand crank will shake the camera if you are shooting hand held.
- Shoot 36 exposure film cartridges.
- Ask your processing lab to NOT cut your film after processing. This is especially handy if you are going to have us scan your film.
- Option One - FPP SCAN - Have the FPP scan your Lomo Kino film using their spectacular 2-perf high resolution scanner. Visit the FPP Scan Page HERE.
- Option Two - Scan yourself and use the Samplomat app. Example below by Gareth Lloyd.
- Option Three - Scan yourself and use a traditional editing software program like Windows Movie Maker, iMovie, Final Cut 7 or other.
Above: Option 1
Above: Option 2
Above - Option 3
All sales final. We do not accept returns on LomoKino Cameras.
We Also Recommend
35mm Film Camera - Canon EOS K2 SLR w/ Built-In Flash+ (Vintage)